Monday, May 25, 2015

Crazy weekend!

This weekend has been crazy fun and crazy exhausting. We toured the Parliment building, the Churchill war rooms, Windsor castle, and the London night life. This weekend also included lots of traditional British food, my first time clubbing, and an homage to the greatest band ever. Good food, lots of dancing, and mastering the tube system were some of the highlights.

Insights into this weekend-

I had a very interesting conversation with some of the other students about the division in the Republican Party back home. After asking my teacher what his opinion was he introduced the idea of a ideological split in party. A literal split, as in two new parties with a new dominate opponent of the Democratic Party coming out of the wood work. Very interesting. We then related this to British politics by bringing up the Labour Party. They face similar divisions in policy and image, and they seem to be headed toward either a split or the need for a massive overhaul of image. Very hard work lies ahead for them.

I'm noticing that the group is getting a little clickish. It's kind of annoying, but i also get the feeling it won't last long. I think most of us are just tired and need to catch up on sleep. Also, the UK is freaking expensive! Not only has food been more expensive then originally planned we also had to pay for train tickets and entrance fees I didn't expect. Also, for some reason rules on the road don't really exist here. Everyone j walks, like EVERYONE!

As a personal note, I'm reaching that point where I'm ready to move on from London. I've really enjoyed it here but I'm starting to feel myself become too used to the place. Also I don't really like my hotel room. It's small and incredibly hot! I'm also really tired and need to stay on top of these posting more.

Hopefully tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment